Stew of barley porridge and green lenses
Soaking the barley reduces cooking time.
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 4 Persons
- 80 g barley
100 g green lentils
2 tablespoons oil
80 g carrots
50 g parsley root
100 g celery
1 clove garlic
2 g dry edible bolete
2 tablespoons Vegeta
130 g leek
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon parsley
1. Soak the barley over night or several hours before preparation.
2. Put grated carrot onto the oil together with parsley and celery root, garlic and sauté shortly.
3. Add drained barley, soaked and drained edible bolete and Vegeta. Pour with that much water to cover the pot contents and cook for 20 minutes.
4. Add cooked and drained lentils, finely chopped leek and continue cooking for another 10 minutes.
5. In the end add Worcestershire sauce, add salt and pepper as needed.
Sprinkle with freshly chopped parsley and serve.
Mini Meatballs on Skewers
You can use the same method to make chevapchici (oblong shapes), burgers or shish-kebabs.
- Cook Time: 60 minutes
- Yield: 8 Persons
- Combine ground pork with finely chopped onions, chopped-up chili pepper, minced garlic and Vegeta. Moisten with a little dry white wine and mix well until blended. Leave in a cool spot to rest for about 30 minutes.
- Use your hands to shape into bite-sized meatballs, pierce each meatball with a skewer and slightly flatten by hand.
- Lightly grease a large skillet with oil and shallow-fry the meatballs over medium heat until done, or alternatively arrange the skewered meatballs on a baking tray lined with parchment paper and bake in a moderate oven at 180 °C for 20 to 30 minutes.
Serve these tasty mini ground pork skewers with crispy jacket potatoes and a simple tossed salad.