Stew of barley porridge and green lenses
Soaking the barley reduces cooking time.
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 4 Persons
- 80 g barley
100 g green lentils
2 tablespoons oil
80 g carrots
50 g parsley root
100 g celery
1 clove garlic
2 g dry edible bolete
2 tablespoons Vegeta
130 g leek
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon parsley
1. Soak the barley over night or several hours before preparation.
2. Put grated carrot onto the oil together with parsley and celery root, garlic and sauté shortly.
3. Add drained barley, soaked and drained edible bolete and Vegeta. Pour with that much water to cover the pot contents and cook for 20 minutes.
4. Add cooked and drained lentils, finely chopped leek and continue cooking for another 10 minutes.
5. In the end add Worcestershire sauce, add salt and pepper as needed.
Sprinkle with freshly chopped parsley and serve.