Mussels with carots and cheese sauce
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 4 Persons
- 400 g cleaned mussels
2 tablespoons butter
500 g carrots
1 tablespoon Vegeta
3-4 young onionsSAUCE:
300 ml cooking cream
100 g Netherland cheese (Gouda)
1 tablespoon chopped parsley
A couple of slices of toasted bread
A couple of mussels in shells for decoration
1. Immerse mussels for 1-2 minutes into the boiling water and take them out.
2. Add carrots cut into small cubes to the pre-heated oil and fry stirring for about 4 minutes till becoming soft.
3. Then add blanched mussels and 1 tablespoon Vegeta, and stir.
4. After that add young onion sliced in ringlets and fry for a couple of minutes.
5. The sauce is prepared by bringing the cooking cream to boil, then add grated cheese and melt it stirring.
6. Season it with salt and pepper and cook briefly over the low heat to obtain the required density.
7. Sprinkle the dish with chopped parsley.
Put the sauce on the serving plate, top with mussels and slices of toasted bread and serve.