Chicken and White Wine
Mix the flour, cream and egg yolk and add to the sauce shortly before it is done for a rich velvety sauce.
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 6 Persons
- 75 g butter
1-1,2 kg chicken (drumsticks, thighs, breasts)
Podravka ground nutmeg
30 ml Armagnac (brandy)
1 onion (120 g)
1 clove garlic
250 ml white wine (Riesling)
1 tbsp Vegeta universal
1 kg frozen potato gnocchi
200 g mushrooms (button mushrooms, shiitake or other)
1 tbsp oil
black pepper crushed
1 tbsp white flour smooth
100 ml half-and-half or single cream
1 egg yolk
1 tbsp parsley, chopped
1. Start by melting the butter in a small saucepan.
2. Season the chicken pieces with nutmeg and fry with melted butter until golden brown.
3. Pour the Armagnac and flambé the chicken.
4. Add finely chopped onion and garlic, deglaze with white wine and stir in one spoonful of Vegeta universal.
5. Cover and cook on low heat for about 30 minutes, adding a little water as needed.
6. While the chicken cooks, bring a large pot of salted water to boil and cook gnocchi until they float.
7. Slice the mushrooms and stir fry them with a little oil in a hot skillet. Season with salt and pepper.
8. Garnish with chopped fresh parsley.
Arrange chicken, fried mushrooms and boiled potato gnocchi on a platter or individual serving plates, and serve.