Spaghetti alla Siciliana
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 6 Persons
- 20 g Eva anchovy filets
100 ml milk
80 ml SMS Extra Virgin olive oil
120 g onion
1 eggplant (230 g)
1 green pepper (150 g)
2 cloves garlic
2 cans Chopped Tomato Podravka (2 x 390 g)
1 tablespoon poon freshly chopped basil leaves
2 SMS black olives
350 g spaghetti Podravka
coarse marine salt
1 tablespoon Vegeta
1. Put the anchovies in a small bowl, pour milk until covered and let them rest for 10 minutes to draw out the salty taste. Wipe them dry and chop.
2. Heat the oil in a frying pan. Add chopped onion, pepper and eggplant cut in cubes and fry them over the higher heat till becoming soft.
3. add garlic and 1 tablespoon Vegeta and continue frying over the low heat for 10 minutes.
4. Cook the spaghetti in a large quantity of boiling water seasoned with salt.
5. Add anchovies, olives, capers and chopped tomatoes to the sauce and cook uncovered for the next 5 minutes.
6. Then add pasta just cooked and let it sauté briefly.
Add a few drops of cold olive oil to the spaghetti alla siciliana, sprinkle them with sweet basil leaves and serve.