Turkey Drumsticks a la Styrian
This meal can be prepared with chicken drumsticks. In that case preparation time will be significantly shorter.
- Cook Time: 90 minutes
- Yield: 4 Persons
- 2 turkey drumsticks (800 g)
100 g carrot
100 g parsley root
100 g celery
6 tablespoons oil
2 bay leaves
250 ml white wine
2-3 tablespoons vinegar
4 tablespoons horse-radish
1 tablespoon Vegeta
1. Cut the onion into slices. Cut the carrot, parsley and celery into sticks. Chop the parsley. Remove the skin from the turkey drumsticks, rub them with salt, freshly ground pepper and nutmeg.
2. Heat up the oil and fry the meat on all sides, slowly, to get nice colour.
3. Chopped carrot, parsley, celery, onion and bay leaf distribute in a fire-proof dish, place drumsticks over it together with oil and thyme, parsley and Vegeta. Pour with vine and vinegar and cover the dish or place aluminum foil over it.
4. Bake in the oven heated on 180°C for an hour. If necessary, add water and some wine during baking.
5. the bones and carve the meat into slices.
Put the fried drumsticks onto a heated plate together with vegetables and gravy and sprinkle with grated horseradish. Serve cooked potatoes with parsley as a side dish.