When making salad dressing, first add 1-2 whole peeled cloves of garlic to the olive oil and allow to steep for about 15-20 minutes. Remove the garlic before you add vinegar to the garlic-flavoured olive oil that will not leave an aftertaste of garlic on your breath.
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 Persons
- 500 g prawn (or shrimp) tails
1 tablespoon Vegeta
Podravka ground black pepper
200 ml olive oil
50 ml brandy
100 ml white wine
200 g cherry tomatoes
150 g Podravka sweet corn
50 g rocket or other bitter salad leaves
50 ml wine vinegar
2 cloves garlic
1. Shell and devein prawns or shrimp, or thaw if using frozen.
2. Sprinkle with Vegeta Mediterranean and ground black pepper, drizzle with 100 ml olive oil and leave to marinate for 20 minutes.
3. Heat a heavy-bottomed skillet and grill the prawns. Top with the brandy and ignite.
4. When done with flambéing, add the white wine and sauté until the liquid is reduced.
5. Cut each cherry tomato in two, and add the halved tomatoes to a salad bowl. Drain and add canned sweet corn, rocket or other bitter salad leaves, and toss.
6. Add the prawns and drizzle with a simple dressing made of olive oil and a little wine vinegar. Add a pinch of salt if you like.
Serve immediately garnished with sliced lemon and mint leaves.