Creamy Potato and Onion Casserole
These cottage cheese-topped potatoes taste so much nicer if you don’t serve them straight from the oven. Wait for about ten minutes for maximum flavour. If you think no dinner is complete without a nice chunk of meat, before you top the potatoes with cheese and cream you can add about 50-100 grams slightly fried pancetta or bacon slices, sliced chorizo, salami or ham to make this great casserole taste even nicer to meat-lovers.
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 6 Persons
1. Cut the potatoes into thin slices, peel the onions and slice them into rings.
2. Sprinkle Vegeta Natur on sliced vegetables and toss.
3. Transfer the potato and onion mix into a casserole or baking dish greased with oil, cover with parchment paper and roast in a hot oven at 220 °C for about 25 minutes.
4. Combine cottage cheese with cream and season with a pinch of salt to taste.
5. After 25 minutes, remove the potatoes from the oven, spoon the cottage cheese and cream on top, pop back into the oven and continue to roast uncovered for another 15 minutes.
Serve warm with a tossed green salad dressed with pumpkin seed oil and lemon juice.