CALAMARI STUFFED WITH RED RADICCHIO LEAVES
Make sure not to overcook the calamari. They tend to toughen if you cook them for too long. You can prevent this if you peel and finely dice one kiwi fruit, mix the fruit with the raw calamari, and leave them like this for about 30 minutes. Rinse the calamari in running water and continue with the recipe.
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 Persons
- 600 g large calamari, cleaned
100 g large red radicchio leaves
100 g onion
50 g prosciutto
100 ml olive oil
1 clove garlic
25 ml dessert wine or port wine
1 tsp Vegeta Natur
1 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
50 g fresh spinach leaves (or Swiss chard if preferred)
800 g potatoes
3 tbsp olive oil
1. Clean and rinse the calamari.
2. Prepare the stuffing by sautéing onions in a skillet until nice and golden. Add chopped up calamari tentacles, finely diced prosciutto, one clove of garlic minced through garlic press, Vegeta Natur, dessert wine or port wine, and black pepper. Sauté everything until soft. Allow to cool a little before adding the grated parmesan.
3. Next, stuff the calamari. Put one spoonful of the stuffing in the centre of one red radicchio leaf, fold and wrap tightly. Push the wrap into the calamari and fix with a toothpick.
4. Use the remaining olive oil to fry stuffed calamari in a skillet on medium heat.
5. You can add a little wine or dessert wine to deglaze the pan just before the calamari are done.
Serve stuffed calamari with boiled potatoes and cooked spinach leaves drizzled with olive oil.