Use a large shallow casserole dish or Dutch oven and shake vigorously from time to time rather than stir. If you prefer a thick stew, mash some of the potatoes with a fork.
- Cook Time: 60 minutes
- Yield: 6 Persons
- 1 kg filet of cod (or other fish as desired)
600 g potatoes
3 cloves garlic
50 ml olive oil
3 tbsp lemon juice
150 g onions
50 ml dry white wine
1 tbsp parsley, chopped
2 tbsp Podravka plain flour
1 tbsp Vegeta
1. Cut the fish into pieces, sprinkle with the juice of one lemon and 1 spoon of Vegeta. Marinate the fish for 10 minutes before coating each piece with flour.
2. In a skillet, heat olive oil and fry the marinated fish for 5 minutes on each side. Remove from the skillet and keep warm.
3. Fry chopped onion in the remaining olive oil, add diced potatoes, season with a pinch of salt, and top with water to cover the potatoes. Cook on low heat for about 15 minutes or until done.
4. Add the fried fish and minced garlic on top of the potatoes. Add a little bit of water if necessary and continue to cook for another 10 minutes.
5. Shortly before the fish and potatoes are done, add the wine and chopped parsley.